Our Palliative Care Program:
- Manages the patient's symptoms and assists with pain management.
- Identifies and coordinates services to support the patient and family members.
- Explores treatment goals and options with the patient and family members.
- Allows the patient to choose the appropriate treatments and therapies.
- Provides emotional support to the patient and family members.
- Provides care in collaboration with the patient’s primary care physician.
The Joint Commission has awarded their Certificate of Distinction for Palliative Care to Parkview Community Hospital - putting us in an elite group of hospitals nationwide! This demonstrates our commitment not only to palliative care, but to the highest level of care for all of our patients.